My Blog

30.10.10

GAME Plan Reflection

My game plan has been moving along up until recently when slowed down a little bit due to testing. I have been trying to get collaborate with the computer app's teacher in hopes of using the same programs in both of our classes. We have discussed programs that would be beneficial to the both of us and have talked about putting them into motions very soon. Because of quarterly assessments, I have had to prepare my students, test them, review it with them, and then give them another opportunity to retake the exam. Next week I will be able to get back and try to implement some new strategies for my students. Though I am still collaborating with the computer app's teacher, the application of the software for learning has been temporarily put on hold.
I have learned that anytime you try something new involving the teaching and learning process, that is has many steps and road blocks that are hard to account for. Sometimes things unexpectedly pop up and you have to roll with the punches. The team building with coworkers has been a great experience. Though collaborating with other teachers requires more initial effort and more use of my free time, it has made my job a little easier. My students are able to have faster recall of information and use of technology because they are using it other classes as well. I have underestimated the usefulness of teacher collaboration, but I now see how truly beneficial it is.
I am hoping to get my students in the computer lab in the next couple of weeks. This way they will be able to practice with some of the programs that the computer app's teacher has taught. Working together to sync our curriculum has been somewhat difficult, but once we are on the same page, it will make things easier in the long run. I have already decided that next year I am going to start the year off with collaborating with the other teachers. I think that it will benefit my students so much more and they will have the opportunity to do so right from the gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment